5 REFERENCES NOT MORE THAN 5 YEARS
Patient is 75 years old African American Female with past medical history of dementia, seizure disorder, cervical stenosis, s/p cervical discectomy and fusion, chronic back pain, numbness both arms and general debility, depression being seen and examined for continuity of care and med reconciliation. No reduction in medication recommended. Patient to continue on Mirtazapine 15mg at bed time. Patient is stable.
- Develop diagnoses for clients receiving psychotherapy*
- Analyze legal and ethical implications of counseling clients with psychiatric disorders*
* The Assignment related to this Learning Objective is introduced this week and submitted in Week 4.
Select a client whom you observed or counseled this week. Then, address the following in your Practicum Journal:
- Describe the client (without violating HIPAA regulations) and identify any pertinent history or medical information, including prescribed medications.
- Using the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Health Disorders, 5th edition (DSM-5), explain and justify your diagnosis for this client.
- Explain any legal and/or ethical implications related to counseling this client.
- Support your approach with evidence-based literature.