PICOT question: In patients diagnosed with a panic disorder, how does a combined therapy of SSRIs and cognitive behavioral therapy compare to SSRIs alone with patient satisfaction in treatment of panic disorders over a span of 9 months?
For this assignment, you will locate a minimum of 4 research articles related to the topic and PICOT question that you developed in Week 2. The articles must be current (2002 to the present), and two articles must be quantitative, and two articles must be qualitative. These articles should be somewhat related to your PICOT question.
- Articles used for one assignment can’t be used for the other assignments(students should find new research articles for each assignment).
- The selected articles should be original research articles. Review articles, meta-analysis, meta-synthesis, and systemic review should not be used.
- Mixed-methods studies should not be used.
There are two parts to this assignment.
Part 1: Complete a Rapid Critical Appraisal Checklist chart for each research article (4 total).Download the following files in the Worksheets, Forms, and Templates area at left:
- Rapid Critical Appraisal Checklist (pdf)
- Rapid Critical Appraisal Checklist (doc)
Part II: Write a summary (2–3 pages)
- Describe the similarities and differences among the four research articles.
- Use current APA format to style your paper and to cite your sources.
- Submit the 4 completed charts along with your summary.
Here are some important things to know while completing this assignment.
There are TWO parts to the assignment. You’ll complete the appraisal sheets, one for each article. Then…
The similarities and differences write up should focus on your PICOT question.
Focus on how the studies relate to your PICOT questions.
Note that there are four sections to the rubric for the paper that accompanies the appraisal sheets and articles. So, in order to earn maximum points, your paper should include those four elements. Use the rubric when you are writing your paper.
This is important: You need to include the articlesOR WORKING LINKS.Web addresses are not enough. At the top of each appraisal sheet, youneed an APA citation. Usually, APA citations do not include working links, but if you want to include one instead of the actual article, that’s fine. Again, just a web addresswon’t work because I can’t copy and paste from the assignments you submit. Do not put the links in your reference list in your paper.You need to check the links after submission.Hide Files: RapidCriticalAppraisalandSummary-rev1-3-18.docx, RapidCriticalAppraisalandSummary-rev2-28-18.pdf