Professional Development Plan
The final assessment of the RN-BSN powered by SIMPath includes a summary of how the learning in this program has impacted your practice. Reflect upon your experiences in the RN-BSN powered by SIMPath program and how you have met the 10 program learning outcomes. You will also discuss the three short-term and long-term professional goals you identified in SIM405.
Reading and Resources
Williams, G., Gerardi, M., Gill, S., Soucy, M., & Taliaferro, D. (2009). Reflective journaling: Innovative strategy for self-awareness for graduate nursing students. International Journal for Human Caring, 13(3), 36-43.
Nielsen, Ann,M.N., R.N., Stragnell, Susan,M.S., R.N., & Jester, Priscilla,M.N., R.N. (2007). Guide for reflection using the clinical judgment model. Journal of Nursing Education, 46(11), 513-6. Retrieved from https://search-proquest-com.americansentinel.idm.oclc.org/docview/203963529?accountid=169658
RN-BSN Program Outcomes
- Assume leadership roles on multidisciplinary teams within health care organizations.
- Enhance professional nursing practice through the use of research and evidence-based practice.
- Integrate methods of research and scholarship to make and prioritize diagnoses.
- Design care for individuals, groups and communities.
- Incorporate methods of health promotion and education in nursing care of individuals, families and groups with simple to complex health care needs.
- Accept accountability and responsibility for professional judgment and actions.
- Integrate professional values and role behaviors.
- Examine the problems of contemporary health and illness.
- Demonstrate the role of the global citizen.
- Collaborate with other groups to shape health policies that affect both individual and community health.
- All submissions should have a title page and reference page.
- Utilize a minimum of two scholarly resources.
- Adhere to grammar, spelling and punctuation criteria.
- Adhere to APA compliance guidelines.
- Adhere to the chosen Submission Option for Delivery of Activity guidelines.
- 12 to 15-page paper. Include title and reference pages.