Identify the type of sampling design used in the following examples
- Thirty nursing faculty randomly sampled from a random selection of ten nursing schools.
- A sample of 250 members randomly selected from a roster of ANA members.
- Every 20th patient admitted to the ER in the month of June.
- The first 20 males and the first 20 female patients admitted to the hospital with hypothermia.
Related to the Heikkinen article, consider the following questions and give supporting rationales.
- What was the target population?
- What were the inclusion criteria?
- What were the exclusion criteria?
- Describe the sample characteristics.
- Can you generalize the results of this study to the target population? Why or why not?