Recall from Assignment 1 the company had a few HR-related lawsuits that were not in the company’s favor. To be more specific, claims of harassment, not reasonably accommodating disabilities and work-life balance concerns were all issues brought by employees forcing the company to answer to, and defend itself. As the new CHRO you want to enact stronger policies and guidelines to avoid these types of situations in the future.
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
- Briefly note how harassment in the workplace affects equal employment opportunity and describe at least 4 elements a plaintiff must show to go forward with a harassment claim. How might an organization avoid these elements from occurring? HINT:
- Explain your overall understanding on reasonable accommodation of disability (consider reviewing ADA rules). Then, discuss a minimum of 3 things a plaintiff filing a failure to accommodate claim must show that helps to prove they are qualified for the job in question.
- Make a connection between religious advocacy/harassment and bona fide occupational qualification. Can churches promoting a certain religion refuse to hire those who have a different religion? If so or if not, why?
- Discuss your overall understanding of FMLA and the pregnancy discrimination act as it relates to organizations granting leave for each. Then, identify 2-3 common FMLA mistakes managers make and what you would do to avoid the mistakes. HINT: http://www.kansastag.gov/AdvHTML_Upload/files/FMLA-5-Slip-Ups-White-Paper.pdf
- Go to https://research.strayer.edu to locate at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other websites do not qualify as academic resources.