I don’t understand this Health & Medical question and need help to study.
Managed care does exist in Saudi Arabia, but is not as prevalent as in other countries.
Review Alomi, Y. A., Alghamdi, S. J., & Alattyh, R. A. (2017). Saudi Managed Care Pharmacy (SMCP): New initiative system of MOH prescriptions dispensed through community pharmacies. Journal of Pharmacy Practice and Community Medicine, 3(3), 145-53. Retrieved from
Draft a paper analyzing the managed care use of pharmaceuticals in Saudi Arabia. Be sure to include the following items:
- The goals of the program;
- Benefits & disadvantages of managed care pharmacy;
- How this program compares to other managed care programs;
- Impact of managed healthcare pharmacy on patients, physicians, pharmacists and facilities; and
- Improvements that are needed for this program to accomplish its goals.
Your paper should meet the following structural requirements:
- The paper should be 4-6 pages in length, not including the cover sheet and reference page.
- Formatted according to APA writing standards.
- Provide support for your statements with in-text citations from a minimum of four scholarly articles.
- Alomi, Y. A., Alghamdi, S. J., & Alattyh, R. A. (2017). Saudi Managed Care Pharmacy (SMCP): New initiative system of MOH prescriptions dispensed through community pharmacies. Journal of Pharmacy Practice and Community Medicine, 3(3).Alraga, S. (2017). Comparative analysis of three different health systems Australian, Switzerland, and Saudi Arabia. Quality in Primary Care, 25(2).Hung, A., Gedey, R., Groeneweg, M., & Jay, M. (2019). A primer for managed care residents: How to conduct research using live medical and pharmacy claims data. Journal of Managed Care & Specialty Pharmacy, 25(5), 538-543. Retrieved from https://www.jmcp.org/doi/pdf/10.18553/jmcp.2019.25…
- Happe, L. E., Clark, D., Holliday, E., & Young, T. (2014). A systematic literature review assessing the directional impact of managed care formulary restrictions on medication adherence, clinical outcomes, economic outcomes, and health care resource utilization. Journal of Managed Care Pharmacy, 20(7), 677-684.