I’m studying for my Health & Medical class and need an explanation.
he purpose of this assignment is to brainstorm a new type of health care technology that might contribute to the HMIS evolution.
The Internet is completely revolutionizing the way technology can be used in health care. Health care information is becoming more widely accessible through a range of telehealth options, and consumers are now far more computer savvy than at any time in the past. Individuals can use the Internet to research symptoms or diseases, as well as possible treatment plans, and seek out medical professionals or advice.
Technological advancements are also helping individuals to be more tuned in to their own bodies and aware of their individual health patterns and activities. Smartwatches and other wearable fitness trackers can track heart rate, movement and activity, and sleep cycles, while smartphones enable users to manage caloric intake, monitor diabetes, and even perform health services remotely, such as measuring blood pressure or conducting ultrasounds.
For this assignment, brainstorm a new type of health care technology that you believe would contribute to the health management information systems (HMIS) evolution. This technological advancement should either not yet exist or should serve to enhance an existing technology to achieve an entirely new objective. What health care problems or challenges have you noticed for which there is not yet a solution?
It is essential for health care administrators to be aware of the rapidly evolving and ever-changing field of health technology, both in terms of current as well as upcoming informational and system advancements. Assume that you are a health care administrator for an organization and you have been tasked with presenting this new technology to your organization’s key stakeholders. After selecting your topic for this assignment, compose a 750-1,000-word proposal that addresses the following:
- Describe your new HMIS technology and what purpose it will serve. Who will most benefit from it? What gap will it fill in the health care technology field? How will this technology improve the quality of health care that clinicians can offer?
- What are the potential advantages and disadvantages of this HMIS technology for the consumer? In this case, the consumer is both the health care organization and the individual user or patient.
- How will the use and integration of this technology impact digital equity in the HMIS field?
- How will this technology collect, read, and interpret health data? Why and how will this data be useful to the health care organization?
- From an administrative perspective, describe when, how, and where you propose this technology first be introduced, and discuss how you foresee it impacting the organization.
You are required to use two qualified references