- Review the Discussion Board rubric prior to answering these questions. MSN 602 Discussion Board Rubric FINAL.docx
- Make your initial post by 11:59 EST Thursday.
- Respond to at least one other classmates’ posts by 11:59 EST Sunday.
The focus of this assignment is for you to write a PICOT using the PICOT template. You will also identify articles that relate to your PICOT. Further, you will have an opportunity to do a basic critique of one of the quantitative articles that is included in your identified articles.
- By now you should realize that research is ongoing and there is often new or more information available. We realize you developed a PICOT question in MSN 600 and did part of this assignment. Now it is time to take it to another step and look at your subject deeper. If you liked your question, you may use it again here. It is now time to improve your question, do so now. If you do not like your question, start afresh. Researchers typically modify their research question many times before they finalize it. Choose a problem or issue that you anticipate within your future advanced nursing role. Describe this problem in 5 sentences or less. You will be able to use it in the next assignment and in future courses.
- Formulate your question using the PICOT format. For those of you in clinical concentrations (NPs), your question needs to be a clinical question. The NEL and NED students may develop a question within their concentration’s focus. This question will drive the literature search for your issue.
- To support and assist in choosing and writing your PICOT in question 1 of this discussion board, you should have reviewed a minimum of 6-10 articles with at least one being a quantitative design. List the 6-10 articles here as a response to this #3 question. The articles should be in alphabetical order and each article should be listed as a full citation using the APA format.
- Choose one of those articles cited in #3 above that is a quantitative article and use Polit and Beck (2020), Box 4.3 – Guidelines for Critically Appraising Research Problems, Research Questions, and Hypotheses on page 65. Answer each of the 8 questions and discuss the relationship of this article to your PICOT.