The student will:
• Apply critical thinking through participation of selected topics
• Engage in thoughtful discourse with peers
• Incorporate topic discussion into clinical judgment and decision making within the setting
You are checking blood pressures at a senior citizen health fair. After you check the blood pressure of an older woman, she asks you about starting an exercise program. She has not been exercising, but some of her friends have told her that she should start to exercise regularly.
• The original post must be at least 300 words in length
• What recommendations do you give her?
• What precautions do you include in your recommendations?
What are options if she has arthritis or other physical limitations which she perceives to make exercising difficult or impossible?