Review comments from the Instructor on Milestones 1 and 2 and make changes as needed. Submit a 9- to 10-slide PowerPoint presentation that includes the following information:
- Population information related to the selected disease or condition, including the following (4-5 slides):
- High-risk groups
- Demographics (e.g., gender, race, age, socioeconomic status)
- Health behavioral theory or model (1 slide)
- Brief restatement of why you chose the theory or model for your selected chronic disease or condition at a population level.
- Overview of each stage of prevention (primary, secondary, tertiary) (1 slide each).
- Summarize the impact each of the stages of prevention has on the selected disease or chronic condition, including the associated costs of one of the three stages: related treatments, health costs, degree of illness, and so forth. (Note: Your proposed program should be geared toward one of the three stages. Picking the stage will help narrow the focus so you can make a case for funding a program.)
- Explain how you would apply the health behavioral theory/model to the three stages of prevention.