I’m stuck on a Health & Medical question and need an explanation.
1st – Watch this video on growth mindset by the renowned Stanford researcher Carol Dweck:
Think about a time in your life that you had a health related goal and failed to accomplish it. The goal needs to fit into one of the following categories: fitness (it can be sports related as well), nutrition, mindfulness (mental health), stress reduction, drugs, alcohol, sleep, or spiritual.
Here are a couple examples to get you thinking (use these as a guide to help you think of your own goals you’ve had in life):
- Lose 10 pounds in 3 months
- Make the varsity soccer team
- Consume only 1,800 calories a day for 3 weeks straight
- 10 minutes of meditation daily
- Participate in a yoga class twice a week
- Limit to 2 alcoholic drinks on Friday or Saturday night
- At least 7 hours of sleep 6 nights a week
**Reminder: Think about an important health goal in your life where you failed or didn’t have the outcome you originally wanted – you did not completely meet your goal.**
Now that you have watched the Growth Mindset video and looked over the mindset comparison handout complete the following assignment:
Write 2-4 paragraphs addressing these questions:
- Did you go into the goal with a fixed or growth mindset?
- Did your mindset change as a result of failing?
**Also, make sure to describe your specific health goal**
Addressing at least two of the components listed below how could you re-frame your mindset for the future?
- Success of others
**Make sure to highlight or underline the two components you chose to focus on to receive full credit on the assignment.**