You were assigned to a group in Unit 4 and placed into groups of 3-5 students for the Unit 8 Group Assignment. Once you are assigned to your groups, you can divide up the project into sections equitably. For example, you may want to go through the rubric and have each group member assigned to write a rubric anchor. Choose a group member to submit the final assignment to the Unit 8 Assignment Dropbox. You can also communicate with your team members in the Team Discussion Area under the Unit 8 tab.
Each team member will also complete and submit the Team Peer Evaluation form located under Course Resources in the Unit.
- Explore conflict management principles and professional integrity through review of healthcare personnel conflict management review.
- This conflict management assignment gives you the opportunity to review common conflict scenarios in clinical practice, and reflect on appropriate resolution strategies. This gives you a review of an evidence based approach to a training conflict management in healthcare settings.
- Critically access conflict management as it relates to team building in clinical practice
Students will reference the conflict case management study from the nursing literature. Students will develop a summary and reflection consensus of strategies used to resolve the case review. Support your summary using a minimum of three academically credible sources in addition to the source provided.
Please retrieve and read the following Journal article from the Library.
Forbat, L., Simons, J., Sayer, C., Davies, M., Barclay, S (2017). Training pediatric healthcare staff in recognizing, understanding and managing conflict with patients and families: findings from a survey on immediate 6-month impact. Archives of Disease in Childhood, 102 (3): 250.
Students are expected to:
- Create a 5-10, 6-8, (etc.) slide PowerPoint presentation not including the title slide or reference slide addressing the following:
- Create a brief and concise overview of the case study within the PowerPoint slides;
- Reference a minimum of three academically credible sources in addition to the source provided;
- As a team, develop a Poster Project using PowerPoint, like an executive summary, critically assessing conflict management principles used in the case for clinical practice;
- Submit the Summary and Poster Slide to the Unit 8 Dropbox
To view the Grading Rubric for this Assignment, please visit the Grading Rubrics section of the Course Resources.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- conduct a spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th Edition format.