- Nickitas, D. M., Middaugh, D. J., & Feeg, V. D. (2019). Policy and politics for nurses and other health professions: Advocacy and action. (3rd ed.). Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett Publishers. Read Chapters 5 & 6.
- Almazeedi, H., & Alsuwaidan, M. T. (2014). “Integrating Kuwait’s Mental Health System to end stigma: a call to action.” Journal of Mental Health, 23(1), 1–3.
- Hall-Clifford, R., Addiss, D. G., Cook-Deegan, R., & Lavery, J. V. (2019). Global Health Fieldwork Ethics: Mapping the Challenges. Health & Human Rights: An International Journal, 21(1), 1–5.
- Mental Illness Will Cost the World $16 USD Trillion by 2030. (2018). Psychiatric Times, 35(11), 18F–18H.
- National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (2017). Global health and the future role of the United States. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press. (Click on the link to download Global Health and the Future Role of the United States. You do not need to purchase this book. Once you access the website, look on the far right and click on “Download this PDF” for your free copy, or click “Read Online” to read without downloading).
- United Nations. (n.d.). Sustainable development goals – Goal 3: Good health and well-being.
- United Nations Developmental Programme. (n.d.). Sustainable development goals.
Review TABLE 5-1 NAS Global Health Report 2017 Recommendations and Actions for Nurses and Other Health Professionals on page 97 and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) found under Additional Resources. Select one of the global recommendations from Table 5-1 or one SDG that align with your interests or one you feel passionate about that could significantly improve global health. Review the recommended actions. Consider what steps healthcare professionals can take to advocate for vulnerable people at a global level?
Reflect on global issues in healthcare and address the following in your presentation:
- Briefly describe the selected global recommendation or SDG and the identified vulnerable population
- Analyze current healthcare policies that impact your selected global recommendation or SDG
- Explain the reason you selected the global recommendation or SDG and why it is relevant to the vulnerable population.
- Discuss why the global recommendation you selected should be implemented or the SDG you selected should be achieved, including why there should be funding to implement the global recommendation or SDG.
Structure: Include a title, objectives, and reference slides in APA format. Your presentation must include an introduction and a conclusion plus 10-12 slides.
References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. A minimum of three (3) scholarly sources are required for this assignment.Hide Files: Scan Aug 17, 2020 (2).pdf